Who we are?
Liberal initiative is a civil movement that brings together people and organizations which support the idea of freedom and market economy.
Our mission: to build Ukraine as a free country with market economy.
- individual freedom and selfexpression;
- private property and free economy;
- priority of an individual over the state;
- supremacy of law;
- world without borders.
We stand for: individual, economic and political freedom of any person.
- crisis of the welfare state and inability to fulfill qualitatively its obligations;
- lack of supremacy of law and institution of property;
- lack of conditions for doing business;
- continuous stagnation of the economy;
- political elite and bureaucracy are not able to carry out necessary reforms;
- political and expert communities have limited understanding of economic processes in the society, and as a consequence, they are not able to offer development programs appropriate to the modern global world;
- reforms, which they propose, are often “cosmetic”, dedicated to technical improvements and do not solve systemic problems in society;
- lack of communication between expert / academic community and civil society;
- lack of discussions in regions about essential reforms in society.
Our purpose: to carry out liberal reforms into Ukrainian society.
- to build a team of liberal intellectuals and experts;
- to develop a platform of liberal reforms;
- to build a team of likeminded people ready for practical implementation of liberal reforms;
- to popularize liberal ideas and necessity of reforms in Ukrainian society;
- to create a liberal civil movement to support reforms;
- to create a liberal political party for carrying out reforms through government institutions.
- activity in intellectual area (expert and academic society);
- educational projects;
- cooperation with business;
- promotion of liberal ideas among the youth;
- cooperation with civil organizations and international institutions;
- public activities and support discussion for debate;
- liberal ideas popularization among active people and journalists.